In light of the impact of coronavirus, the Ministry of Education most recently announced that schools will not be reopening on April 20th, 2020. They still do not know when schools will reopen.
We are required by law to obey the Ministry of Education guidelines and as such we are hoping that schools will reopen sometime in May. However, we have to put plans in place to accommodate the eventuality that schools may not reopen until the new school year in September 2020.
Our teachers are committed to the education of our children and as such, they are constantly striving for ways to maintain their pupil’s education during these difficult times. They are very dedicated professionals and have prepared materials for parents to access through our Google classroom and Zoom platforms. We will continue to provide educational packages for our children including classwork and homework utilizing the internet as the conduit to virtual education.
Mae’s is cognizant that these are difficult times, hence, we are extending to you, our parents/students, a 20% discount on fees for this term. For parents who are unable to afford such at this time, we have put a payment plan in effect. Kindly contact the accounts department in this regard.
Be reminded that our main office remains open to serve you from Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am to 12 noon.
On Monday 27th April,2020 online teaching sessions for Primary students will commence. Please partner with us to ensure that your child benefits from these sessions.
Your partner in Education,
- Our Main office will be open for business Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 12:00 hours.
- Payment slips may be tendered during the above hours or left with our Security personnel after hours.
- The penalty for late payment of fees (10%), for the upcoming term, will be waived until further notice.
- We await confirmation from the Ministry of Education re: the date for reopening of school. This will be communicated to you as soon as this information is available to us.
- The August 2020 term was scheduled for 12 weeks. Be assured that all arrangements will be put in place for actual classroom teaching to be conducted for 12 weeks when school reopens.
Please be informed that there will be no school on Friday 6th March, 2020.
Mae’s Schools (Playgroup, Nursery, Primary and Secondary) has recorded extremely poor attendance during this week.
Phagwah will be celebrated on Monday 9th March, 2020 – a National Holiday.
Regular classes resume on Tuesday 10th March, 2020.
5th March, 2020
Friday 28th February, 2020 School dismisses early as outlined below:
PLAYGROUP: 11:30 hrs
NURSERY: 12:30 hrs
Grade 1: 11:00 hrs
Grades 2 & 3: 11:30 hrs
Grades 4, 5 & 6: 13:00 hrs
SECONDARY: 12:15 hrs
This is necessary to make the facilities of this institution available to GECOM for the holding of Elections on Monday.
Be reminded that there will be no school on Monday 2nd March 2020
Normal school resumes on Tuesday 3rd March, 2020